If, while browsing the site, you have a question. Please don't hesitate to get in touch. Just click below. Contact us > >
We would like you to know how much we appreciated the warm welcome, the comfortable lodges, the enthusiasm and expertise of the rangers and the unfailingly delicious meals.
Book Now Fascinating Fungi with Liz Holden
Focus on fungi with an enthusiastic expert while enjoying Aigas wildlife and hospitality.
DATES: 9 Sep - 16 Sep 2017
COST: £1395 per person. Fully inclusive. No single supplement.
AVAILABILITY: Places Available
Fungus enthusiasts of all levels will enjoy this week of fungal discovery, interspersed with a range of Aigas wildlife highlights. Group size limited to eight.
Fungi are fascinating - by turns they are colourful, deadly, delicious, predatory, vital to ecosystems, luminous, rare, ubiquitous and laden with folklore associations. Their life-cycles are varied and extraordinary and we are only just beginning to understand the importance of mycorrhizal associations (symbiosis between plants and fungi) in the creation and maintenance of our treasured eco-systems.
Join Liz Holden
, one of Scotland’s leading fungus experts, on a week of discovery of the superb array of fungi of the Scottish Highlands.
In 2014 the fungi programme was a huge success, with well over 150 species discovered in the Aigas area. Some of these were extremely rare - one only recorded in Scotland six times previously!
- Field discovery of fungi in a range of Highland habitats including Caledonian pine forest and broad-leaf woodland.
- Guidance on field identification.
- Indoor workshops covering further identification assistance with the use of simple keys, microscopy techniques and the taking of spore prints.
- Illustrated talks by Liz on a range of fungus related subjects.
- Fungus foray followed by preparation of edible fungi for eating.
- Aigas wildlife highlights, including visits to our pine marten and badger hides.
All Aigas based holidays are all inclusive. No single supplement is charged. Read more here.
"The wildlife holiday was even better than we anticipated. We had a wonderful week and were made to feel so welcome by the family and the staff. Shall look forward to a return visit." Aigas Wildlife Guest, 2012. More testimonials here.
Mushrooms really are fascinating
Posted by Bosh on Monday, 28 November 2016
Aigas Field Centre, Beauly, Inverness-Shire, Scotland IV4 7AD
Tel: +44 (0)1463 782443 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org