Highland Wildlife Art Course with Jackie Garner
Wildlife inspiration and professional tuition in a stunning setting.
DATES: 6 Sep - 13 Sep 2014
Although this holiday has now taken place we think the following holidays may be of interest to you:
|Programme Title||Theme||Holiday Dates||Availability|
|Highland Wildlife Art Course with Jackie Garner:||Art & Creative Writing Courses||2 Sep - 9 Sep 2017||4 Places Available|
With such a plethora of wildlife on the doorstep Aigas is ideally situated for a Highland Wildlife Art Course. We invite you to join Jackie Garner (www.jackiegarner.co.uk) - one of the UK’s leading wildlife artists and author of The Wildlife Artist's Handbook - on a week of studying, sketching and painting a variety of Highland animals and plants.
Through a range of field trips you will experience first hand some of our best wildlife and have the opportunity to study and sketch it at length before returning to our lofty and light filled studio space to continue working on your painting. Jackie will guide you through approach and technique and tutor you throughout the week. She will also give a series of demonstrations and presentations aimed at improving your skills.
• Demonstration and practical day on field sketching of animals.
• Presentation and workshop on colour and texture.
Skies and foliage workshops - getting your backgrounds correct.
• Detail in watercolour demonstration & practical workshop.
• Lots of painting time indoors and out (weather permitting.)
• Ranger led visits to hides for pine marten, badger and more.
• Access to stunning Highland scenery, our loch and estate for inspiration.
• Jackie’s tutelage and support throughout.
• A final show-and-tell exhibition of the work produced this week.
Media and Ability
The programme allows for a variety of media to be used. The level of
tuition will be suitable for all comers, including beginners and improvers.
If you have any questions, please do contact us.
Aigas based holidays are all inclusive and no single supplement is charged. Read more here.
"All the activities surpassed my expectations. One of the best holidays I have ever had. Superbly organised, tremendous welcome and kindness from the Lister-Kaye family and all the rangers who were very knowledgeable and helpful. Wonderful food.” Aigas Guest, 2014
More testimonials here.