Norway: Northern Lights & Sea Eagles
Norwegian Arctic Aurora, Landscape & Wildlife Photography
DATES: 13 Feb - 20 Feb 2015
Although this holiday has now taken place we think the following holidays may be of interest to you:
|Programme Title||Theme||Holiday Dates||Availability|
|Nature Photography Masterclass with Laurie Campbell:||Photography||5 Sep - 12 Sep 2015||2 Places Available|
|Autumn Birds & Strathbeg:||Birds||26 Sep - 3 Oct 2015||Places Available|
|Autumn Birds & Strathbeg:||Birds||3 Oct - 10 Oct 2015||Please Ring Office|
|Highland Wildlife Highlights with Nick Baker:||Birds||3 Oct - 10 Oct 2015||Fully Booked|
|Hungary: Cranes, Plains & Przewalski Horses:||Birds||17 Oct - 24 Oct 2015||Fully Booked|
|Hungary: Cranes, Plains & Przewalski Horses:||Photography||17 Oct - 24 Oct 2015||Fully Booked|
|Nature Photography Workshop with Laurie Campbell:||Photography||17 Oct - 24 Oct 2015||2 Places Available|
|Hungary: Cranes, Plains & Przewalski Horses:||Birds||24 Oct - 31 Oct 2015||Places Available|
|Hungary: Cranes, Plains & Przewalski Horses:||Photography||24 Oct - 31 Oct 2015||Places Available|
|Neotropical Birds & Wildlife in Costa Rica:||Birds||5 Dec - 14 Dec 2015||Fully Booked|
|Winter Wolves of Greater Yellowstone:||Photography||20 Feb - 26 Feb 2016||Places Available|
|The Splendours of Islay:||Birds||12 Mar - 19 Mar 2016||Places Available|
|Spring Birds:||Birds||9 Apr - 16 Apr 2016||Places Available|
|Highland Wildlife Highlights with Nick Baker:||Birds||7 May - 14 May 2016||Places Available|
|Highland Wildlife Highlights with Nick Baker:||Birds||8 Oct - 15 Oct 2016||Places Available|
- The solar cycle that creates the aurora borealis is at its apogee, this is the best moment for eleven years to see the Lights.
- Our location is right underneath the Auroral Oval - the ring of peak aurora activity that encircles the Arctic region.
- The programme is timed to coincide with a new moon, ensuring the least lunar light pollution possible and statistically this is the best time of year to see the aurora. However, with eight hours of daylight, we’ll have time for daytime activities and photography too.
- New in 2015 - we now have a private sea eagle hide from which to photograph these magnificent birds, which are common here.
We will stay with a Norwegian family on a little known and rarely visited island of outstanding natural beauty and wildlife diversity in the district of Hamarøy. Ideally we will be up late at night and so after a leisurely start each day, we will explore the local area, photographing wildlife and landscapes, learning about local culture and the indigenous Sami people and trying our hand at a spot of fishing.
Imagine this! Watch this superb compilation of aurora photography by Ole Salomonsen.
- Seven nights carefully designed to maximise our opportunity for aurora photography. We will seek out different scenic locations from which to photograph the lights, should they appear.
- Sea eagle photography at baited hides.
- Evening drives to look for, observe and photograph moose as they come out to graze.
- Further winter landscape and wildlife photography opportunities.
- Visits to the Knut Hamsun Centre and the Sami Cultural Centre.
- Tutorials on timelapse, astro-photography and motion blur techniques.
- A fishing trip to net fish for our supper.
- We stay with a local family, giving unique insight into modern Norwegian rural life.
This programme is limited to seven places.
For further details and guidance on accommodation standards, physical requirements, food, equipment needed and more, please click here.
Images from the 2014 Trip
"Obviously the aurora was very special, but the scenery, wildlife, company and our hosts were outstanding. All in all a very memorable week's holiday." Peter & Kathy Kite, Norway 2014.