Book Now Norway: Northern Lights & Landscapes
Norwegian Arctic Aurora, Landscape & Wildlife PhotographyDATES: 13 Feb - 20 Feb 2015
COST: £1699 per person. All inclusive ex. flights.
AVAILABILITY: 5 Places Available
- The solar cycle that creates the aurora borealis is at its apogee, this is the best moment for eleven years to see the Lights.
- Our location is right underneath the Auroral Oval - the ring of peak aurora activity that encircles the Arctic region.
- The programme is timed to coincide with a new moon, ensuring the least lunar light pollution possible and statistically this is the best time of year to see the aurora. However, with eight hours of daylight, we’ll have time for daytime activities and photography too.
We will stay with a Norwegian family on a little known and rarely visited island of outstanding natural beauty and wildlife diversity in the district of Hamarøy. Ideally we will be up late at night and so after a leisurely start each day, we will explore the local area, photographing wildlife and landscapes, learning about local culture and the indigenous Sami people and trying our hand at a spot of fishing.
Imagine this! Watch this superb compilation of aurora photography by Ole Salomonsen.
- Seven nights carefully designed to maximise our opportunity for aurora photography. We will seek out different scenic locations from which to photograph the lights, should they appear.
- Sea eagle photography at baited hides.
- Evening drives to look for, observe and photograph moose as they come out to graze.
- Further winter landscape and wildlife photography opportunities.
- Visits to the Knut Hamsun Centre and the Sami Cultural Centre.
- Tutorials on timelapse, astro-photography and motion blur techniques.
- A fishing trip to net fish for our supper.
- We stay with a local family, giving unique insight into modern Norwegian rural life.
This programme is limited to seven places.