Aigas Field Centre Ltd are committed to protecting our guests’ personal information.
Whether you have stayed with us in the past, plan to in the future, or just like to keep up to date with all that is going on, this statement describes what information we collect from you, what we do with it and how you can manage the information we hold.
Our newsletter mailing list is formed on an ‘opt in’ basis by you and is facilitated by a third party provider – your details will never be added without your direct permission and that third party provider will not use or distribute your information.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you make a booking, sign up for our mailing list, reply to an event invitation or request a brochure via our website, or by telephone, email or letter. We collect information which is necessary and relevant for the purpose you are providing it for.Read more ...
The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
1. Name (including title).
3. Home and Mobile telephone numbers.
4. Date of birth.
5. Email address.
6. Dietary requirements.
7. Medical details that you feel we ought to know.
8. Your emergency contact details, their relationship to you and telephone number.
9. Your travel arrangements relevant to your stay at Aigas.
10. Any information within correspondence you send to us.
How do we use this information?
Aigas Field Centre Ltd. will only hold information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. Upon booking you will be asked if you would like to join our newsletter mailing list and will only be added upon your permission. Our newsletters will always offer the option to unsubscribe. We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications, or share your personal information with anyone else who might.Read more ...
There are various ways in which we may use or process your personal information. We list these below:
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to contact you from time to time about promotions, new programmes and Aigas events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or, in relation to any marketing messages you receive, by using the unsubscribe option included in those messages.
We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary to perform a contract with you and to fulfil and complete your booking with us, make purchases and other transactions such as donations and sponsorship arrangements entered into with us.
We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so.
Processing necessary for us to support our guests with bookings and other enquiries:
1. To respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us (for example: in planning tailor made itineraries, special requests, information and brochure requests and enquiries);
2. To offer a high quality and helpful service to our guests;
Processing necessary for us to fully understand our guests’ needs:
1. To analyse, evaluate and improve our programmes and services so that your visit to Aigas is more enjoyable, resulting in a constantly improving Aigas Experience.
2. To undertake market analysis and research so that we can better understand what our guests enjoy most about staying at Aigas, and to be able to provide tailored offers, events and programmes that we think you will be interested in. We will only send marketing communications to you if you have provided your consent for us to do so;
3. Processing necessary for us to promote our business brand and programmes, and to measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns;
4. To send you marketing information from time to time after you have booked to stay with us or made an enquiry, requested brochure or other information of interest. We will only contact you with information about our own programmes and services, which we think you will like. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time;
5. To identify and record when you have received, opened or engaged with our website or electronic communications; (we access this information through Google Analytics which enables us to see where you are from, what device you view our website on, what pages you look at and the date and time)
6. To administer competitions and promotions that you enter with us from time to time and to distribute prizes;
7. To contact you in the case of any changes at Aigas or changes effecting your stay with us;
8. Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively;
9. To verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better relationship with you as a guest of Aigas;
10. To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
11. To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies.
We may process your personal information to comply with our legal requirements.
Sometimes we will need to process your personal information to contact you if there is an urgent change to your programme or itinerary and we need to tell you about it.
How do we share this information?
We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work with third party facilities which fulfil business activities for us (like a web design, website analytics, a mail-list manager etc.)Read more ...
We do not sell your information to third parties. However, we may from time to time disclose your information to the following categories of companies or organisations to which we pass the responsibility to handle services on our behalf: newsletter manager, web design, IT services, external service providers (such as bike hire and activities outwith Aigas), payment services, marketing service providers, analytics service providers, our legal and other professional advisors. Please see our list of third party services:
We will also share your information with our external service providers in situations where we need to pass your information to them in order to manage any request or complaint you have made to us.
We take steps to ensure that any third party partners who handle your information comply with data protection legislation and protect your information just as we do. We only disclose personal information that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on our behalf. We will aim to anonymise your information or use aggregated non-specific data sets where ever possible.
There may be circumstances where we share your information with our other companies within the Aigas umbrella (Naturedays at Aigas, Grange Estate Company and The Aigas Trust) in order to fulfil requests, transactions, handle feedback and complaints or provide you with information that you have requested.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. If you are a past guest or otherwise have a relationship with us we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a prospective relationship.Read more ...
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
If we have a relationship with you (e.g. you have stayed at Aigas or we have regular correspondence with you), we hold your personal information for 6 years from the date our relationship ends. We hold your personal information for this period to establish, bring or defend legal claims, as well as allowing us to recognise you if we should receive an enquiry or booking from you again.
Where we have obtained your personal information following a request for information, booking enquiry, brochure, or any other information on Aigas, we hold your personal information for 1 year and 6 months from the date we collect that information, unless during that period we form a relationship with you e.g. you book a holiday with us, donate/sponsor a wildcat or attend an event. We hold your personal information for this period to give us an opportunity to form a relationship with you.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
1. The law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
2. Where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a programme or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 6 years following the date of that complaint or query; or
3. You exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
How can you manage the information we hold about you?
You have the right as an individual to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you. You can also object to us using your personal information (but please be aware that we need certain information in order to finalise and approve your booking, however this information can be erased after your stay with us).Read more ...
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information.
You have the right to:
1. Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you;
2. Correct and update your information by contacting the Aigas offices;
3. Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it).
4. Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information.
5. Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information;
6. Transfer your information in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine readable format), where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract.
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details below:
By post: Aigas Field Centre, Beauly, Inverness-Shire, Scotland IV4 7AD
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: +44 (0) 1463 782443