Tailor Made Holidays
To use Aigas as a base for your own expeditions is to combine staying in a beautiful place with the friendly expertise of Scotland’s premier nature centre.
The package we offer to those who may not wish to join an organized group enables you to use our facilities and rangers, as well as stay in one of our lodges on a B&B basis. We can help you decide where to go, what to see, and where to find it. We can lead you there if you need our rangers' assistance.
You can combine superb wildlife watching opportunities with fascinating historical sites, ancient archaeology with dazzling bird watching or just take a tour to enjoy the stunning Highland scenery. You can explore both east and west coasts in a day, come home to a log fire and an Aigas dinner, and then spend an hour or two in the badger and pine marten hide getting close up views of our resident wildlife.
The Round House
Our latest addition to the Aigas accommodation is The Round House - an African themed rotunda set in a quiet corner of the Aigas garden. With a wood burning stove and a sense of comfortable country chic, it is the perfect rustic get away for a couple or family (bunk beds for the kids.)
We invite you design your own holiday. Take our basic package and add to it from a range of optional extras.
Price depends on the accommodation used (children under 12 are half price):
- Standard Rooms - £124 pppn
- Eskadale Room / Tower Room - £128 pppn
- Round House / Affric Room - £145 pppn
This price includes:
- Accommodation in the room selected.
- Breakfast in the House of Aigas
- Use of the pine marten & beaver hides (see hide pledge.)
- Expert advice on your own expeditions
- Open access to the library and common room in the main house
- Open access to 600 acres and the Aigas trails around the loch, up to the Iron-Age fort and Bronze-Age hut circles
- Open access to the tree-top hide
Optional extras per person:
- Packed lunch - £8 (£4 for children.)
- Full dinner in the House of Aigas in our baronial style hall - £29
- Ranger led hide visits - £10 (see pledge below).
- Early Morning drive for otters - £45 (residents only.)
- A day out with our experienced and knowledgeable rangers:
- A standard day - £190 for up to 2 people, additional people £90 each. An additional charge applies for long mileage days.
- Children under 12 - half price.
- Transfers between the airport or train station and Aigas - £50 per pick up.
- Join in with a group day - £45 per person (subject to availability).
The Aigas Hide Pledge – tailor made guests who overnight at Aigas have the use of three hides on the estate included in the price of their stay. These hides offer the opportunity to watch pine martens, badgers, red and roe deer in the morning and evenings.
We will do our utmost to ensure that you are successful in the hides by informing you of hide availability, providing advice and guidance on animal behaviour and emergence times and by inviting you to accompany ranger led group hide visits where there is space. If you are unsuccessful in the use of the pine marten or beaver hide, we will provide you with a voucher for another hide visit.
If you require a ranger-led hide visit, where there would not have been one happening anyway, there will be a charge of £10 per person.
If you'd like to book, please contact us via our Enquiry Form.