Below are the terms and conditions of booking with Aigas Field Centre. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
For private and special interest groups please contact the Aigas office, as separate contractual pricing and terms and conditions will apply.
1. THE CONTRACT. The booking made by post, online or over the phone, constitutes a contract between you and Aigas Field Centre Ltd. Making a booking means that you have accepted all the Aigas Field Centre Ltd terms and conditions of booking. Our written confirmation of your booking means that we agree to provide the programme you have chosen as described in the prospectus or on our website.
2. THE BOOKING. Aigas Field Centre Ltd also requires your debit or credit card details to secure the booking. No funds will be charged until your contract with Aigas Field Centre Ltd has been fulfilled or if you have cancelled (see 5. Cancellation by You). Should you supply us with card details that will expire before the time of your programme, we will require you to update us with your new card details as and when you receive them.
3. THE FEES. The full programme fees will be charged to your debit or credit card prior to your departure from Aigas.
4. LATE BOOKINGS. Late or last minute bookings or alterations can be accepted provided we receive your credit or debit card details upon booking.
5. CANCELLATION BY YOU. If you cancel your booking we reserve the right charge the costs of that cancellation to the card at our discretion. If you cancel your programme up to six weeks before the start of your programme, we will charge £250 per person to your card. If you cancel within six weeks of the start of your programme, we will charge the full programme balance to your card. We will do everything we can to minimise cancellation costs and we will always try to offer you alternative dates. Our policy is to hold your booking open for a full twelve months from the dates booked in the hope that you can rebook.
6. TRAVEL INSURANCE. We strongly recommend that you take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover you in the event of cancellation by any parties, illness, accident or injury. Costs incurred through your failure to do so cannot be borne by Aigas Field Centre Ltd. We recommend Columbus Direct, who offer excellent value travel insurance.
7. CANCELLATION BY US. In the event of Aigas Field Centre Ltd having to cancel a programme, we guarantee the return of all monies paid.
8. ALTERATIONS TO THE PROGRAMME. The nature of our work is such that from time to time we have to make alterations to published programmes. Tutors and group leaders may have to change or some venues may be closed by bad weather etc. Aigas Field Centre Ltd reserves the right to make such changes or to modify the itinerary or alter the leadership or accommodation arrangements as necessary. We shall always do everything we can to ensure that such changes do not materially affect the quality of the programme.
9. HEALTH & FITNESS. The nature of our work and the places we go to require that participants are in reasonable health and are able to walk on uneven ground off paths and trails. Our programmes may not be suited to certain disabilities and if you are in any doubt about your suitability please ask us at the time of booking. We reserve the right to decline any booking that we feel may compromise the operation of a programme. It is a condition of booking that participants accept this responsibility to inform us. In the event that a participant does not inform us of a condition or disability that materially affects the operation of the booked programme we reserve the right to cancel that booking and impose any appropriate cancellation charges.
10. THE AIGAS CODE. For the purposes of safety, environmental protection and nature conservation, all Aigas Field Centre programmes and activities are operated under the Aigas Code of Conduct. This requires that the Aigas ranger or other appointed group leader has the right to take all operational decisions in the field.
11. LIABILITY. Aigas Field Centre Ltd will accept no liability for any losses or additional or unexpected expenses incurred as a result of scheduled transport delays, personal injury, sickness, weather, industrial action, war or act of terrorism or act of natural occurrence or any other event entirely beyond our control.
12. THE LAW. These terms and conditions do not affect your rights in Scottish Law. The booking contract is governed by Scottish Law and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Scottish courts. You are advised to be aware of your rights as defined by The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangement Regulations 2018.
13. DATA PROTECTION (GDPR). You have the right as an individual to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you. Unless specifically instructed, your name, address and email address will be added to our mailing list upon booking. You can unsubscribe to through each newsletter, or by contacting us directly.
Your credit or debit card details given to us on booking will be securely held by Aigas Field Centre Ltd until the contract has been fulfilled, after which they will be safely destroyed. Aigas Field Centre Ltd handles and stores your card details in a secure manner, compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
14. PHOTOGRAPHS. We reserve the right to take photographs & video during the operation of your programme, and to use the resulting image/s and footage for promotional purposes. By booking with us, you agree to allow image/s to be used in this way; guests who prefer that their image/s should not be used must inform us before their programme commences. By booking guests permit us to pass their email address to tutors / guest group leaders where appropriate for the purposes of programme preparation.