The Famous Aigas Wildlife Week
Availability: Fully Booked
Dates: 04 May - 11 May 2019
Full cost: £1,395 per person, Fully inclusive. No single supplement.
Conservation contribution required now*: £250 per person
Each week will be based at Aigas and will spend six full days (7 nights) exploring the stunning hills, glens, forests, coasts and marshes of the Highlands producing breathtaking encounters with eagles, pine martens, otters, black throated divers, deer, crossbills, badgers and much more.
Programmes shift with the turning season, specialising on whatever aspect of wildlife is current. Our highly trained and qualified rangers will escort you in small groups to share the wonders of the wild Highlands.
All Aigas Wildlife guests will enjoy an optimal number of eight guests to one ranger both in the field and on the road.
Highlights include (with seasonal variation):
- Visits to our local peregrine and osprey breeding sites (in season).
- Evening pine marten and badger watches in our own hides.
- Caledonian pine forest – black grouse, crossbills, crested tits, brilliant wildflowers in season – twin flower, orchids etc.
- A dawn run to search for black grouse.
- A trip to see the bottlenose dolphins of the Moray Firth.
- A day on the west coast to find sea eagles, cetaceans and the three species of diver.
- A mountain and glen day for spectacular scenery, golden eagles, black and red-throated divers, ravens and red deer, sundews, butterwort, bog asphodel.
- A loch and wetland visit for ospreys, waders and wildfowl.
- An estuary visit for coastal and seabirds, guillemots, razorbills, waders, gulls, geese and ducks, as well as coastal flowers.
- Warm family hospitality and home cooking in the House of Aigas.
- No wonder our wildlife weeks are such a hit! Well over 100 species of birds seen in a week, delightful mammals, dazzling scenery, unique facilities. Book early – these weeks are popular!
04 May - 11 May 2019