Availability: Fully Booked
Dates: 23 May - 30 May 2020
Full cost: £1,395 per person, Fully inclusive. No single supplement.
Deposit required now:
The breeding season is well established, and we shall be looking for a full suite of nesting birds from the mountains, right down to the sea. Raptors, especially osprey and golden eagle, will be hunting, with well grown chicks to feed at the eyrie. We shall also keep a close eye out for local honey buzzards and red kites circling about the woods which are choc-a-bloc with warblers, tits and finches. With the Highlands looking its best, we shall explore a variety of habitats amid stunning scenery, capped off with a visit to Handa Island, the jewel in the crown of northwest Scotland.
- A boat trip to Handa Island, a vibrant colony of over 200,000 seabirds, including puffin, black and common guillemots, eider, razorbills, fulmars, kittiwakes and an exhilarating walk through great and arctic skua territories.
- A day on the west coast in search of golden and white-tailed eagles.
- A day in ancient Caledonian pine wood looking for crossbills, crested tits and black and red grouse.
- An opportunity to visit the Aigas hides to see badgers and pine martens.
- An opportunity to see one of our Scottish wildcats, part of our conservation breeding project to save this critically endangered species.
- A complimentary checklist booklet for you to tick off birds and mammals as you see them during the week.
23 May - 30 May 2020